He owns a penis, and it does most of his thinking (no one is perfect).
Age: I believe age is just a number.
2. Age: Think long-term about generation gaps. Daddy issues may be at work or you're dating young to feel young, which will only make you feel older later one. What will 10 years from now look like?
Appearance: Without instant appeal, I'm not interested.
3. Appearance: The good parts are on the inside. Physical attraction is important, but not as much as quality. Love at first sight very rarely works out. If you dismiss someone for no first sight 'POW' you may miss a great guy. Or, he could become a great friend.
Bad Boys: Only want to party... but I like bad boys.
4. Bad Boys: He's dangerous and fun now, but he's fun with everyone! Make sure you're dating a grownup who'll eventually grow out of his bad boy phase and be the hunk you want long-term.
Children (wants): We may differ, but I can work with this.
5. Children: This is a game breaker. No matter how hot, rich, fun or interesting they are, you can't survive if this doesn’t match your desires.
Child Issues: I can't deal with kids, custody challenges.
6. Child Issues: His focus will not be on you. If this is okay today, know long term you’ll suffer. You narrow the field for men without kids, but this is your call.
Commitment: It may take a while, but I can fix this.
7. Commitment: You think you can fix a man or make him commit? Oh, honey it will only happen if he wants it. Don't push the issue early on or you'll we waving bye-bye.
Commonality: Common interests are nice, but opposites attract.
8. Commonality: Opposites distract. You have to build common ground to become best friends and lovers long-term.
Communication: Really don’t listen or interrupt me (annoying!).
Compliments: Don’t notice me, talk about themselves.
Confidence: Insecurity or big ego are turnoffs.
11. Confidence: He could be just shy if he seems insecure. Encourage him if you like him. As far as ego, do you really want a man without an ego? Dig deeper, he could be a very strong ally.
Connection: Hard to connect at first, but will improve with time.
12. Connection: If he's not that into you, there's little you can do. There are men out there that really want to get to know you - just ask your girlfriends. Time many not help.
Conversation: Not good at small talk, poor listener.
Details: dirty hands, sloppy appearance, bad teeth, etc.
Education: Too little or too much (know-it-all) is a problem.
15. Education: This can cause a big gap. Does he have common sense, street smarts, or genuine ambition? These trump a sheepskin any day.
Employment: No job, no ambition, no thanks. I like 'em rich.
16. Employment: This is always listed as very important by women. A… J, O ↦ a B… are the 3 things women want most in men. Hope you aren't looking for a sugar daddy or just money. A great poor man can become rich and will still be great, but a jerk with money will always be a jerk.
Family: Poor/no relationship with mom/dad/siblings.
17. Family: This is a good thing to find out early. Great moms raise great husbands. A tough upbringing means they'll have to work harder to relate to women. Do they relate to or respect women now?
Finances: He expects me to pay, doesn't buy small/thoughtful gifts.
Follow-through: Doesn't call back or keep promises.
Friends: He doesn't introduce me or have any.
Future: We’re on different paths, but love will see us through .
21. Future: You can take different paths, but you must be on the same journey with a shared destination. Love can only take you so far.
Habits: A little alcohol or recreational pot is ok.
22. Habits: If these are daily habits, they may hamper consistent behavior or communication. You must like someone sober to love them when they’re tipsy.
Happy Person? I’m a real catch and I can make any man happy.
23. Happy Person? This is a biggie. Another person's happiness is not your responsibility. This can be your undoing to cope with this… you’ll only make excuses for him. Think hard and don't hope to change a man (it's rare).
Humor: No sense of humor or odd/rude personality.
24. Humor: This is a great common ground. If you can't laugh together, you may not be able to live together (for very long). Marriage is a long journey to take without humor or with an boring, cranky or angry man.
Lifestyle: Our lifestyles differ, but it’s interesting.
Love at first sight: I’m a believer in first impression POW!
26. Love at first sight: While first impressions are important, love at first sight is an infantile illusion. It's only love at first sight if you stay together for many happy years, otherwise it was just lust and will be gone like dust.
Punctuality: Not on time, disorganized.
Messy: Sloppy eating & dressing. I may have to pick up after him.
28. Manners: Men can be annoying. There are 10 reasons in the book, but he may be able to be domesticated. See if it happens on the second date.
Monogamous: Perceived inability to be exclusive.
29. Monogamy: This is the #1 thing for long-term relationships – demand it!.
Persona: Lack of self-confidence, poor posture.
Physique: Too short, too skinny/fat. I like hunks!.
31. Physique: We all like them buff and hunky. You could overlook a great man by rejecting the outside wrapper. If he's got great qualities, and he likes you, he'll get in shape and you can wear flats. Does Tom Cruise come to mind?.
Politics or Religion: We don't exactly agree here.
32. Politics or Religion: You should never discuss religion or politics on a first or second date. If you're still attracted, then you can learn to respect their beliefs. Religion can be a deal breaker, but get to know them first.
Possessive: Want to be my sugar daddy tomorrow!
POW! I can overlook flaws for the cute ones!
34. He's so cute, eh? That's fine, but if he's under 85%, then you're bound to have problems. Take off the blinders, look closely, and choose wisely.
Prior relationships: Has a bad ex, she was a real beeatch!
35. Prior Relationships: This can tell a lot about how he was with another woman. It takes two to make a marriage AND get a divorce. If he has children, he should treat her with respect regardless of his past with her. He has to let any prior anger go to move forward with you. Dig deep on this one as there are two sides to every story.
Profession: I can't relate to his job or industry.
Pushover: I'll probably run over him, he's way too nice.
37. Pushover: Nice guys finish first in a marathon, and marriage is a long trip to take with a mean man. How does he treat others? What is his great ambition in life? You may be looking for something that will bite you in the ass in the long run.
Social: He wants to date me via texting - call me already!
Transportation: He drives a clunker, weird car (Cube, hotrod).
Truth: Fudge age, profession, finances, accomplishments.
Worldly: Not traveled or doesn’t care about global issues.
Yes, Dear! Don't think he knows or ever uses these words.
42. Yes, Dear! If he can’t say it, then he needs obedience training – check with your local Petco for courses.
All done! Click WWLS for his Score & Lucille's Lesson.